Thursday, June 24, 2010

Keep on Movin Like You Did Last Summer...

AHHH!!! I'm so happy right now! So thankful! So....inspired.

First, it kinda had to do with me having to go to a city meeting that I really didn't want to go to. I went to the Norman council of transportation meeting....which I guess IS a bit interesting...if you're into that. But hey, I like teletransportation, so I figured 'll like talking- or hearing, rather- about regular transportation.

I came home and immediately called mi madre. I was inspired by these people having a weekly, or bimonthly meeting. They have a heart for making the city better, and the lives of those who live in it.

I want to do that.

I love helping people and trying to improve myself along with others to be the best I, and they, can be. That's part of the reason I love taking care of kids at the Y because I can help mold young minds and, hopefully, make a positive contribution to the future.

I also was inspired because after writing about the Jazz in June festival for class, I decided to really check it out because it sparked my interest so much.

Boy, am I glad I did!

I definitely broadened my music horizons, and for a band person to do that, that's pretty whoa! ha ha ha!

I love music! I love playing it, whether it be with my clarinet or on my guitar. I love singing it, whether it be obnoxiously loud in my shower or my car. I love dancing to it no matter where I am. I. love music. Very much.

It's something that I feel is very important. As one can see, I'm def a supporter of the arts! I think they should stay in the schools! It sparks creativity; it helps people learn how to express themselves in a constructive way they probably otherwise would never know about.

Came home and wrote some good stuff. Yeah. Maybe one day....they'll be songs...that I probably won't share with anyone. Because I hate singing in front of people. Who knows, maybe one day, that'll change, too!

LovIN life!

-ReiL.



......when the grass was greener and your hair was longer.

No comments: